• Supports initiates and completes real estate transactions of varying types and degrees of difficulty and takes various supporting or leadership roles in entitlements, legal documentation, project coordination and project tracking.
• Works closely with Senior Real Estate Managers supporting the analysis, corporate approval and execution of transactions. Develops skills, contacts and knowledge enabling the RER to progress toward the Senior Real Estate Manager position and beyond.
• Assists in the development of real estate strategies for operating division within the region.
• Prepares high quality and accurate investment/disinvestment packages for Real Estate Committee utilizing in-house tools such as Excel, PowerPoint and Mapping Software.
• Coordinates negotiations with team attorney and handles or supports document negotiations.
• Engages and interfaces with brokers to market surplus properties, negotiate business deals, compile and submit packages to Real Estate Committee.
• Understands basic forecasting methodologies and develops a nuanced understanding of gravity and analog models.
• Develops an understanding of and stays current on company policies relative to the negotiation of legal documents.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred, with emphasis or coursework in Real Estate, Finance, Civil Engineering, Geography or General Business preferred.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in corporate real estate, shopping center development, and/or real estate department with a major retailer. Relevant college coursework may be considered as substitute for experience.
• Tactics and Planning
- o Proactive self-starter with an owner/investor/developer attitude.
- o Thought leader with ability to influence tenants, landlords, management and investors to action.
- o Basic understanding of real estate concepts, documentation, and the ability to close deals with limited supervision.
Background and Skill Development
- o Strong market analysis aptitude; will to win and to outpace competitors, natural curiosity, analytical mindset, and profit oriented approach.
- o Well-honed financial skills with the ability to apply financial modeling techniques and critical analytical frameworks to solve for effective real estate decisions and outcomes.
- o Strong negotiation aptitudes leading to the ability to negotiate multi-million dollar transactions to a successful conclusion.
- o Strategic minded and ability to analyze situations quickly and make recommendations for under performing real estate assets (e.g., closing, lease re-negotiation)
- o Understands standard financial statements and can assess potential credit worthiness of tenants.
- o Demonstrates basic understanding of real estate valuation methods including cap rates, market comparables and replacement cost.
• Leadership and Communication o Ability to partner with and influence Executive Management.
- o Team player able to lead internal and external teams in a fast-paced retail real estate environment, and partner with Senior Real Estate Managers to achieve company goals and build the RER’s skill set
- o Integrity and professionalism to represent the Company's interests to outside investors, professionals and vendors as well as teammates.
- o Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. o Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- o Acts in a competent, professional, and timely manner