High School diploma or GED is required. Previous medical insurance experience or related knowledge is preferred. Exercise professionalism while effectively communicating information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organizations. Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Basic office mathematical skills are required. Have experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and other general office computer skills. Have the ability to work as a team and be a strong team player.
This position requires being responsible for assisting patients with billing questions, issues and/or concerns. This position is also responsible for follow-up on accounts and making payment arrangements when needed.
• Assist patients with billing issues and/or concerns, while providing excellent customer service and resolve customer issues that may arise.
• Follow-up on accounts and arrange payment plans as needed.
• Correspond with patients in a professional and courteous manner and within limits established by the client in an effort to recover outstanding bills.
• Adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Document all contact information in the computer system.
• Be flexible with work hours and workflow.
• Meet all deadlines.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures to include, but not limited to; Attendance, Code of Conduct and etc.
• Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by manager and/or supervisor.
• Continuous use of the telephone
• Frequent typing while on phone with customers while they are talking.
• Continuous sitting (6 – 8 hours per day).
• Occasional standing/walking.
• Continuous interaction with others.
• Continuous clarity of vision at close range to perform job duties.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Practical And Pragmatic