To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4500 Lone Tree Way
Antioch, CA 94531
- Diane White
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Head Cashier Front End Lead
The Save Mart Companies • Antioch, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Key Carrier directs the front-end staff and operation in the absence of the Assistant Center Store Manager. This position ensures optimal front-end customer service, performance, productivity, and compliance and is responsible for front-end and parking lot conditions. The Key Carrier supervises and trains Front-End associates to promote a culture reflective of The Save Mart Companies mission statement and winning behaviors. This position ensures all Front-end and department standards are met during assigned shift. The Key Carrier performs store balancing function.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide customers with a remarkable shopping experience by demonstrating, training, and holding store associates accountable for excellent customer service
• Manage front-end performance and productivity (over/short tills, check collection, cash over/short, WIC compliance, EBT compliance, bottom of basket check, circle savings on receipt, items checked per minute, front-end efficiency, Three’s A Crowd, etc.)
• Directly lead Clerks and Clerk Helpers with focus on accountability and achieving high level of business performance assigned area
• Ensure that front-end and parking lot conditions are met (check stand merchandising, floors, cleanliness, shopping carts, bags, etc.)
• Perform store balancing (bookkeeping) function to enhance a remarkable shopping experience in the store
• Perform front-end management functions (to include refunds/returns, loans/pick-ups, check authorization, etc.)
• Monitor customer experience on front-end
• Occasionally maintain total store operations in absence of store management
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Minimum age requirement: 18 years
• Good communication and interpersonal abilities
• Good training skills
• Strong skills in supervision and coordination
• Good counting and math skills
• Ability to read and write to accurately complete all documentation
• Knowledge of Front-end operations and check stand procedures
• Knowledge of compliance and basic applicable contract/work rules
Education: One year of college or vocational school (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Experience: One year of prior work experience that includes a minimum of 6 months Grocery/Retail experience
Other: Available to work a variety of required retail hours
Physical: Store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects; requires lifting up to 40 lbs.
• Customer Focus
• Leading People
• Personal/Interpersonal Skills