To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3111 Grand River Avenue
Detroit, MI 48208
- Iris Tate
- Phone: 3135578766
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Manager (2)
Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit • Detroit, MI
Posted 3 days ago
Under the direction of the Director of Commercial Affairs, the Account Manager is responsible for the overall sales and marketing management for Goodwill Industrial Solutions. This includes customer identification and contact, customer relations, quote preparation and follow-up based on appropriate education, training and/or experience.
1. Responsible for contact, communication and follow-up of all technical and commercial issues with customer.
2. Identifies new business opportunities through established network or cold calling. Develops business relationships with existing and potential customers.
3. Identifies and maintain relationship with key technical and commercial and contacts for upcoming programs and events while maintaining customer satisfaction.
4. Participates in advanced quality planning activities. Obtains customer input for advanced quality plans and obtains resolution to all advanced quality planning issues that require customer review/approval.
5. Prepares sales forecasts to assist in the budgeting process. Forecasts expenses and manages sales activities to meet budget requirements.
6. Responsible for budget preparation for new work or changes to existing work. Ensures that quotations meet requirements for profitability. Obtains necessary approvals for quotes. Presents quotations to customer and conducts follow-up activities as required.
7. Assist in the preparation and review of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submission to customer, when required.
8. Assist in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy for commodities. Updates strategic plan annually with input/assistance from management team.
Several other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business Management, or other related discipline.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in automotive/medical technology/defense industry (Purchasing/Sales or related). Knowledge of Tier 1 process methodologies expected. Existing industry contacts expected.
1. Work aggressively to secure new business and product opportunities consistent with the business strategy.
2. Develop and strengthen customer accounts & relationships within the automotive segment.
3. Support and manage new and existing customer base through handing of customer inquiries, complaints and other day-to-day support requirements.
4. Serve as product and application knowledge expert for automotive market and provide general process and quality knowledge to internal and external sources.
5. Conduct presentations regarding market activities, customers and industry trends to A&O leadership and customers as required.
6. Ability to communicate with customer technical personnel on technical and commercial issues.
7. Ability to read and interpret drawings, and other correspondences.
8. Ability to analyze and compile data.
9. Knowledge of purchasing, engineering and manufacturing operations and procedures.
10. Knowledge of international quality assurance standards, including ISO and IATF.