To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Mason Turner
- Phone: 469-939-7582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web Application Security Analyst
RED SKY Consulting • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Web Application Security Analyst
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Position Type: Direct Hire
Bottom Line ~ “In A Nutshell”:
- Web Development Experience
- Web Applications
- Cybersecurity experience desired, or interest in security.
Under general supervision, the Web Application Security Analyst’s primary responsibilities include web application vulnerability management, web application security analysis and testing ,incident response, and other duties assigned to the Information Security Operations team.
The selected candidate works with the Information Technology team and the business to support secure information process and technology.
- Work in conjunction with other web application security analysts and software developers to ensure applications are secure.
- Participate as part of the Information Security Operations team. Some after hours and weekend work required.
- Act as part of the Cyber-Incident response team.
- Make recommendations to management on enhancements to existing and new security hardware, software or related tools. Assist in evaluating, planning, configuration, and implementation of new/existing security applications/tools.
- Perform risk analysis for corporate functional and technical areas relevant to web application security.
- Configure, implement, monitor, and support security software/systems that will help ensure compliance with regulatory, industry, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into all facets of the development project and SDLC.
- Identify and recommend potential areas where existing web application security policies and procedures require change, or where a supplement is required to mitigate key security risks. Partner with various business units to enhance security policies/procedures.
- Create and maintain web application security documentation, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the identification, response, investigation, and remediation of potential breaches of and issues surrounding web application security.
- Responsible for executing programs for user awareness, compliance monitoring, and security compliance; maintaining information security devices and software; monitoring compliance procedures; and resolving security policy issues.
- Responsible for providing support during off hours in an on-call rotation.
- Provide technical guidance on security/privacy policies and standard development and Subject Matter Expert (SME) to web application developers and other technologists.
- Responsible for supporting programs for compliance monitoring, and security compliance; maintaining information security devices and software; monitoring compliance procedures; and resolving security policy issues.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- S. Degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background, skills and experience.
- 3+ year’s relevant experience in Web Application Security.
- One or more security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, SANS GIAC, or relevant security certification(s) preferred. Additional technology certifications such as MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, PMP, etc. desirable.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: web application security vulnerability and penetration testing tools, ethical hacking, and vulnerability management systems.
- Other complimentary skills include: application development background and working knowledge of security code review processes.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Ability to travel (25%) to multiple facilities as business needs dictate.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.