CalSurance Associates is a leading E&O insurance broker for Life & Health and Property & Casualty Insurance professionals. We pride ourselves in providing insurance brokerage and program administration services to some of the largest insurance firms in the United States. As the originator of large group E&O programs for insurance agents, we have over fifty years of experience delivering customized insurance solutions to insurance agents, agencies, and organizations. In this role, our team will rely on you for the daily operations of the claims accounting functions and the supervision, training, and development of the claims accounting staff.
- Supervises and trains the claims accounting staff on all claims accounting functions in accordance with company and client guidelines while maintaining proper internal controls including, but not limited to, indemnity and expense payment processing, claims reporting, deductible collections, carrier and escrow account reconciliations.
- Evaluates employee work performance and provides written and verbal feedback in a timely manner.
- Ensures all claims financial transactions are entered timely and accurately in applicable systems.
- Ensures the monthly claims fees invoices are generated timely and accurately. Researches and responds to carrier questions.
- Monitors the claims fees accounts receivable and performs collection procedures on past due invoices.
- Responsible for monitoring all claims escrow accounts and ensuring adequate funding levels are maintained. Works with client accounting team to implement workflow processes for payment processing, funding of escrow accounts and monthly/quarterly reporting in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Ensures the claims administration system reconciles with carrier systems. Develops ways to minimize or eliminate inconsistencies between systems.
- Ensures standard reports are generated and distributed timely and accurately and performs various financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting for business units and external clients.
- Assists with the setup of new carriers in claims system including data conversions and reconciliations.
- Analyzes the needs and requests of claims system users and clients to ensure that appropriate data is provided. Recommends and tests enhancements to the claims system based on user needs.
- Conducts regular audits of the systems to ensure data integrity.
- Coordinates all carrier claim & financial audits with the assistance and input from the involved business units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years’ accounting experience.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with proficiency in database systems.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
We offer eligible teammates benefit packages that include our 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and much more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles