Position Overview: The IT technician is MIL’s front-line technology expert for innovation and reliability of computer systems, software, and hardware. This role will proactively troubleshoot concerns, identify solutions, and maintain throughput within MIL’s IT environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Diagnose hardware, software, and interfacing issues across all communication channels and resolve issues in the most effective manner for end users.
· Interface with MIL employees to diagnose root cause and resolve issues in the most effective manner.
· Perform installation, maintenance, repairs and upgrades of networks, computers, and other devices to ensure peak performance.
· Maintain new and existing users on MIL’s email network and systems, establish Windows user accounts, and manage user account information including rights, security, and systems groups.
· Utilize IT help desk ticket system to effectively prioritize and remediate issues and concerns.
· Monitor the network system infrastructure for failures or errors and address issues with equipment and personnel.
· Proactively identify and assist in technology opportunities for upgrades and implement new solutions.
· Perform first level IT support of break/fix issues, resolve issues or escalate as needed.
· Manage and deploy image library within IT for PC/Laptop Images.
· Setup new users within Windows environment per MIL’s standard deployment check list.
· Lead new user and periodic training pertaining to E-Mail, network, mobile device policy and ERP overview.
· Deploy and repair equipment as needed, i.e.; monitors, tablets, scanners, etc.
· Install software applications that are outside of the standard deployment when required and approved by IT leadership.
· Assist in design and support of MIL’s file directory hierarchy.
· Serve as the mobile device trainer and distribution coordinator.
· Assist in purchasing proposals, product comparisons, and justification of new equipment/hardware.
· Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thoughtful leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
· Participate in IT strategy and peripheral continuous improvement projects and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· A detail-oriented, organized, self-starting individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and maintain exceptional attention to detail within a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Excel at communicating technical terms into non-technical language
· Maintain a heightened level of awareness regarding current affairs, trends and innovations within the industries and programs MIL and its customers serve
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM with flexibility to work overtime as required.
Pay: $25.00-$30.00 per hour, dependent on qualifications.
As a permanent, full-time MIL employee, benefits include:
· Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for up to 2 annual bonuses
· MIL Inc. 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
· Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
· Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
· Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off accrual
Please do not hesitate to ask for additional details on any of our benefits & policies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· 4+ years’ experience in an IT help desk or support role focused on software, hardware, and computers.
· BS in IT or related field preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
· Understanding of Windows based applications, SaaS, and IaaS platforms.
· Understanding of TCP / IP protocols and LAN / WAN configuration.
· Strong proficiency in Windows front-end and back-end products, including helpdesk knowledge of Windows Server.
· Understanding of computer terms and acronyms for escalating server and higher-level issues to senior staff.
· ITAR / NIST 800-171 Compliance experience is a plus.
Server (Computer Science)
Installations (Computer Systems)
Attention To Detail