The Sanitation Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all safety, quality, staffing, and efficiencies of the third shift sanitation operation.
· Oversee the attendance and performance of third shift sanitation department, including sanitation supervisor, 3 crew leaders, and 25 sanitation team members
· Training, development, disciplinary, and performance analysis of sanitation team members
· Maintain staffing levels, assign positions, and payroll
· Ensure company safety guidelines and GMP are followed, including employee coaching and instruction on proper personal protective equipment use.
· Establish timeline and process controls to deliver a clean plant every morning
· Pre-operation inspections with sanitation personnel to have plant released from QA, including a USDA inspection.
· Daily meetings with Operations Manager to evaluate performance
· Managing and eliminating deficiencies of the daily QA Pre-op SSOP inspection.
· Review department chemical control logs, master sanitation schedule, ATP results as prescribed frequency.
· Manage chemical inventories and ordering
· Monitor APC and ATP testing results, take corrective action when needed, and maintain documentation.
· Complex management and upkeep of exterior grounds
· 5 years sanitation supervisory experience with food industry background and familiarity with USDA and OSHA is required.
· Strong leadership qualities, responsible, dependable, and organized
· Lock out/Tag out, HACCP, GMP, and Safety certifications
· Knowledge of BRC or Global Standards Training compliance, documentation, and reporting.
· Ability to work in refrigerated environments