Summary of Position:
The Provost will serve as the Senior Academic leader for UMA Online and help represent Academic Affairs for UMA’s Executive Leadership team. The Provost will directly manage Academic Affairs and an Online Education leadership team which currently includes five academic leaders. At UMA Academic Affairs includes Program Affairs, Student/Graduate Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Staff Affairs, Administrative Affairs and Curricular Affairs. The Provost reports to the Executive Vice President.
- Create and sustain an environment of academic and professional excellence for students and educational team members.
- Provide transformational leadership and inspire teams to deliver innovative academic solutions. Continue to develop team culture on ongoing iterative improvement and innovation.
- Deliver superior student satisfaction, student learning and career readiness outcomes, placement, retention, graduation rates as well as long-term career success for UMA graduates.
- Build student confidence and create a transformational educational experience for adult learners.
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team in an environment of accountability, collaboration and rigor.
- Provide leadership and expertise to UMA's strategy for education technology and as well online teaching, training and resources.
- Collaborate effectively with UMA's shared service teams (including IT, finance, HR, legal, compliance, marketing, facilities) as well as UMA's student service support teams (ie. Admissions, Student Finance, Learner/Student Services and Career Services). Budget effectively each year and create innovate long-term departmental plans.
Ensure compliance with federal, state and accrediting bodies.
Provost will provide strategic direction for Program Effectiveness Plans, Program Survey Data, Programmatic Taskforce Meetings, Advisory Boards, Program Action Plans, Accreditation Applications, Self-Study, Progress Monitoring and Reporting, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Externship/Practicum, Programmatic/Industry Certification, and Tiered Intervention and Prevention Academic Services.
Provost will provide strategic oversight of Student Guidance and Academic Resource Center, Library Services, Student Wellness, Disability Services, Title IX, Student Code of Conduct, UMA Cares, UMA Alert, Student Survey Responses, Student Escalations/Grievances, Final Grade Disputes, Scholastic Honesty, Student Success Grants, Alpha Beta Kappa (ABK) Honor Society, Commencement, Student/Graduate Marketing Campaigns, and Articulation Partnerships.
Provost will provide strategic oversight of Curriculum and Instructional Design, Multimedia Development, Instructional Technology, Learning Management System, New Course Development, Strategic Course Revisions, Curriculum Working Groups, Curriculum Surveys and Roundtables, and Vendor, Publishing, Distance Education and Subject Matter Expert Partnerships.
Provost will provide strategic management of Administrative Affairs. This includes Business Continuity Planning and Implementation, Systems Coordination and Integration, Courseroom Analytics, Business Intelligence and Information Technology Quality Control and Change Management, and Data Elements and Reporting Systems for Education-Driven Accountability, Research, and Measurement.
Provost will have strategic oversight of New Hire Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding, Annual Performance Evaluation Processes, Performance Growth System, Talent Management Plans, Performance Improvement and Employee Discipline Plans, Staff Surveys and Roundtables, Employee Engagement, and Recognition and Retention.
Provost will provide strategic support for programmatic leadership including but not limited to Faculty and Program Leadership Accreditation Files, Faculty Governance, Academic Freedom, Faculty Surveys and Roundtables, Instruction Working Groups, Courseroom Quality Monitoring, Peer Review and Mentoring, Targeted Student Outreach and Growth, Faculty Recognition, and Faculty Onboarding, Training, Development, Coaching and Evaluation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in the field of education required.
- 15-20 years of related education industry experience.
- Ability to be an academic and an operator. Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and direct activities of resources outside of direct control.
- Familiarity with academic technologies, adult learning and trends in the Higher Ed industry.
- Ability to proactively identify trends and create & implement new processes to support constant and iterative improvement.
- Ability to recruit, develop and retain high performing teams.
- Track record for successfully managing and completing many tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Track record of extensive goal setting, goal achievement including budget attainment.
- Collaborative and has ability to build a strong and diverse set of working relationships within the education team and across UMA.
- Ability to plan strategically.
- Possess an innovative spirit and demonstrate vision and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the mission and purpose of a career college.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Doctoral Degree, Provost and Higher Ed experience valued.
- Student retention, career readiness and placement experience in an online context highly valued.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.