Under the direction of VP Manufacturing and or Dept Supervisor oversees hourly employees to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Overview: Must have the technical ability to operate all types of full web printing and finishing equipment within company standards for waste, quality and productivity. Understands and adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures. Set up and operate all special functions and capabilities with minimal supervision or direction. Train other employees when requested or required to do so. Analyze issues, determine and implement solutions. Provide innovative / creative solutions for opportunities and or improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership qualities. Uses leadership skills to direct crews in the efficient operation of the company’s production equipment
- Reads and understand all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job. Ensures that all necessary components to produce the job are present. Does not move forward on any job with conflicting information.
- Fully understands how to achieve print quality and register equipment to produce required quality and can achieve acceptable registration within specified M/R standards.
- Has complete understanding and ability to operate all press ancillary equipment
- Ability to effectively set up and operate all inline equipment (i.e. gluing, plow folding, die cutting, etc.) as well as rotary cutter with minimal supervision
- Understands tension controls and ancillary equipment. Knowledge of how to web up the press, capable of setting rollers cylinders and changing plates Understands the importance of measuring and maintaining fountain solution (conductivity, PH). Has the ability to perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments.
- Efficiently operates in line systems with minimal supervision.
- Maintains 100% of standards in productivity, waste and quality standards. Accurately enters all codes for quantities, materials and times onto required paperwork.
- Understands and demonstrates ability to accurately tracking press counts
- Performs necessary functions to operate the press with minimal supervision. Establishes and promotes an environment for learning and process improvement. Consistently looks for improvements and efficiencies to reduce waste and increase production within quality standards set.
- Works within all safety guidelines and procedures. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Interacts well between shifts to gain and pass along all information to facilitate a smooth transition without interruption.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility and or related experience; OR a combination of education and experience
- High School Diploma
Experience in finishing, flexo, packaging, offline, tension control, ribbon control, paper conversion, bag machine, or bindery a plus!
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- 401k with Company Match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
Use Hand Tool
Use Protective Equipment