Well-respected General Civil/Pipeline Contractor in business for 40 years is actively seeking Heavy Equipment Excavator Operator for CAT equipment. We provide our employees a fun and challenging work environment with exciting opportunities.
Under the direction of the Crew Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Excavator Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. They are also responsible for digging ditches/trenches and performing general labor duties when not operating a piece of equipment.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
· Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on machines
· Practice workplace safety
· Perform general labor duties when not operating to include, but not limited to lifting, using pry bars, hand tools, shoveling, assembly of bore pits/slide rails.
· Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations and level earth to grade specifications using shovels, picks and rakes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
· Knowledge of operation of excavators and other pieces of heavy equipment (CAT preferred)
· Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
· Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
· Effective verbal and listening communication skills
· Ability to install sewer, water and storm drain pipes
· Must be honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics
· Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance
· Must have transportation, be punctual and dependable
· Working knowledge of trench boxes
· Willingness to travel
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and process manuals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to working conditions that include working near loud, large heavy equipment and near moving mechanical parts and working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.