OPERATIONS MANAGER – Assembly
Fort Wayne, IN
SUMMARY: As the Operations Manager, you will lead and mentor all shift supervisors, skilled trades, and front office positions and will be responsible for all aspects of plant operations. This is a profitable company that is well-regarded in their industry and extremely financially stable. The workforce is relatively highly-skilled, there is extremely long tenure and low turnover, and the culture is among the best around; because of this, they are looking for a TEAM BUILDER, not a dictator, and someone who can make work fun while bringing an eye for organization and Continuous Improvement to the team
OPERATIONS MANAGER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The primary function of the Operations Manager is to manage all operational aspects of the plant, ensuring the efficient scheduling of all operations for the entire plant so that orders are met.
- The Operations Manager will manage, train, and review Supervisors, QC, Maintenance, fabrication, assembly, shipping/receiving
- The Operations Manager will ensure direct labor is at appropriate level and well-trained.
- Manage the housekeeping such that the plant is are clean, safe, and well-organized.
- Manage & participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred. Will consider non-degreed candidates based on years of experience and fit to industry.
- The Operations Manager must have a minimum of 5 years of management experience in manufacturing and preferably Assembly of complex, custom Machinery and Equipment.
- A background in MANUFACTURING is required, with perfect match being assembled products, machining, molding, stamping, automotive components, custom equipment, automated machinery, etc.
- The Operations Manager must have excellent people skills, a "leader's" personality, and the ability to have a team rally behind them to meet the output and growth goals of the company. Servant leaders are preferred and dictator personalities will not be successful in this role.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, & 6-Sigma would be a benefit.