RN Supervisor -Part Time EOW
The Nursing Supervisor reports to the Director of Nursing at Bryn Mawr Terrace. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for operating in accordance with established Nursing Department policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations. He/she will provide administrative and clinical supervision to all clinical and other house staff throughout the facility when on duty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for the delivery of nursing care by Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Nursing Assistants, and Unit Coordinator:
- Participates in the development of nursing care standards, new programs and innovations which will enhance the quality of nursing services provided to residents;
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with various departments, interdisciplinary team members, etc., to facilitate the resolution of problems and to ensure the continuity of care and services to /residents;
- Effectively addresses healthcare team members with issues concerning resident care and family concerns and offers constructive alternatives in an effort to affect positive outcomes and resolutions;
- To maintain continuity of nursing care during shift transitions, receives and provides reports (both verbal and written) to nursing staff and management;
- Assures that physicians are updated on residents’ changes of condition and current diagnostic values as appropriate.
- Monitors the delivery of direct care by Nursing staff to residents to ensure compliance with Nursing Department standards of practice and applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations;
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care to residents, as necessary;
- Appropriately delegates and assigns direct and indirect resident care activities to staff.
- Appropriately revises assignments based on changes in resident census, acuity, and available resources;
- Ensures that staff complete all assignments, promptly report changes in resident conditions, appropriately perform required documentation, and comply with all established policies and procedures of the facility and the Nursing Department;
- Monitors nursing documentation on a timely basis to evaluate compliance with evaluation guidelines, noting coordination of documentation with individual plan of care and residents’ response to care;
- Observes job performance of nursing staff and provides direct feedback. Documents and provides information to Nursing management related to staff’s individual job performance. Effectively collaborates with Nursing management to complete written performance evaluations on permanent night shift Nursing staff, to counsel, discipline, or discharge staff;
- Implements emergency procedures in a correct and efficient manner;
- Encourages and participates in the ongoing education and professional development of assigned nursing staff, collaborating with appropriate departments and external organizations regarding education programs.
- Assists in ensuring facility and Nursing Department compliance with applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Follows and enforces strict adherence to safety and infection control rules, regulations, policies, and procedures:
- Follows and enforces the use of standard and transmission based precautions as appropriate;
- Utilizes equipment in resident care procedures properly and safely with minimal risk to self and others and in compliance with operating instructions;
- Identifies potential safety hazards and promptly reports hazards to the appropriate department in a timely fashion either verbally or in writing;
- Follows and enforces established emergency procedures to include fire, disaster, and evacuation plans and procedures;
- Provides and ensures a safe, clean, and sanitary environment conducive to the physical and emotional well-being of all residents and staff;
- Ensures required nursing supplies and equipment are readily available to meet residents’ needs.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required, BSN preferred
Licensure and registration by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners as a Registered Nurse required
At least two (2) years of experience in nursing, including supervisory experience, required
Skills and Abilities
Knowledge base of nursing practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and standards required, particularly as they relate to long-term care, assisted living, restorative care, sub-acute rehabilitation, and/or dementia care facilities
Must understand and act upon complex issues and problems and must communicate and interact effectively with a variety of people
Must have effective coordination and organization skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
Effective leadership and management skills required
Computer proficiency required
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified
Long Term Care
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.