1st Shift, Full Time, Jewish Hospital
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: KY > LOUISVILLE > JEWISH HOSP 200 ABRAHAM FLEXNER
This position is responsible and accountable for total unit/s operations on a 24-hour basis to include fiscal management, staff development, and resource management with the ultimate goal of achieving quality and safe patient care.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Supervises assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff of the department to ensure the quality of work.
3. Manages the workflow of the unit to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
4. Implements and supports quality improvement activities for the department.
5. Develops staffing patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
6. Works to develop and retain highly skilled and well-rounded staff including hiring, orienting, training, directing work, evaluating performance and assuring clinical competency.
7. Contributes to the effective management of the department including supplies, equipment, space, technology, policies and procedures
8. Contributes to the financial viability of the organization including managing productivity and budgeting process.
9. Maintains effective working relationships, communication and collaborative decision making with medical staff, other departments, leaders, staff and others.
10. Assists the organization in maintaining and achieving its goals related to licensure, regulatory, and accreditation standards.
11. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
12. Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of various reports including staff schedules, payroll, labor productivity, IRIS and others as assigned.
13. Participates in community activities on behalf of the organization.