We are a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities.
The primary responsibility of the Server is to accommodate residents and guests during their dining experience by attending to their needs in a friendly, timely, and professional manner. Making sure that the dining room is attractive and extremely clean at all times is key to ensuring a fine dining experience for our residents.
Areas of Responsibility
- Greet and seat residents and guests.
- Always be ready to assist residents in sitting and in rising from the table.
- Serve food in an efficient and professional manner.
- Label and date all food.
- Keep the dining and service areas clean and sanitary.
- Approach and interact with residents, guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented and professional manner.
- Take food and beverage orders and serve meals as they are ordered.
- Have a good knowledge of the presentation of food being served and ingredients in all menu items.
- Clear tables of glasses, silverware, dishes, etc. when residents and guests have finished a course or their meal according to our protocol.
- Deliver and retrieve trays to and from residents’ apartments as needed.
- Assist other staff as needed.
- Maintain a clean dining room, chairs, windows, floors and all work areas.
- Assist with washing of dishes as needed.
- Sweep carpets between seatings or when needed and vacuum daily.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Dining Services Director (DSD).
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident’s behavior. Report all signs to the DSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the DSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, or Community information deemed as such.
- High school diploma or equivalent.__
- Must be available to work typical shifts that range between 5 and 6 hours.
- Minimum one (1) year of related food serving experience preferred.
- Must pay attention to detail, be flexible/adaptable, have safety awareness, and be a team player.
- Must possess good organizational, rapport building, and communication skills.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, current food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccinations where required.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
We offer a wide variety of competitive benefit options to meet the needs of each associate.
We are an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Attention To Detail