POSITION TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE / OPERATING ROOM
!!!$25,000 SIGN ON!!!
- The OR Nurse documents detailed information incorporating the plan of care, interventions and outcomes reflecting the patient’s physical, mental and emotional status.
- Provides pain management support to anesthesia and the surgeon based on the patient’s reports and assessment findings. Reassesses and documents response according to hospital standards.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures regarding patient safety, communicating potential safety risks from relief to relief, upon transfer and when there is a change in condition.
- Plans and provides appropriate instruction using applicable teaching methods. Explains Operating room routine and an overview of the procedure.
- Maintains accountability for care delegated. Delegation Criteria D: States roles/responsibilities of co-workers to whom tasks are delegated.
- Assumes role of charge nurse demonstrating independent problem solving, decision making, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Assesses patient’s skin condition preoperatively and post operatively documenting any change in condition prior to transfer.
- Maintains and controls the intraoperative environment for maximizing optimal patient care outcomes.
- Position is a f/t 40-hour work week and reports to the OR Nurse Manager.
- Multiple positions and shifts/hours available!
This 300+ bed hospital’s Surgical Services Department offers a variety of specialized surgical services, including cardio-thoracic, vascular, colorectal, breast, general, and weight loss surgeries. We go beyond caring for people to caring about people. We are committed to providing you and your family with personalized care without compromise. Please submit your current resume for consideration!
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: REGISTERED NURSE / OPERATING ROOM
- Registered Nurse; Licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut – required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR - or within three months of hire)
- BLS Certification - required
- Minimum Experience: one to two years of current acute care Operating Room nursing experience or:
- 2-5 years of Ambulatory Surgical (large case) experience
- On-call required one weekend/month
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing REQUIRED TO QUALIFY FOR $25K SIGN ON BONUS or:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Nursing
- Most benefits start on Day 1, thus negating the need for COBRA
- SIGN ON BONUS of $25,000 payout starts on Day 1 with balance of payouts within the first year!
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit