Essential Duties for Controller:
· Monitor prevailing wage rates.
· Monitor company benefits and payroll deductions, 401k Plan, Sec 125 cafeteria Plan, vacation & health insurance.
· Enter timecards in QuickBooks assigning customers/jobs to employees’ hours. (Use correct dates, hourly rate code, service item).
· Update IL Prevailing wage rates monthly or as needed for state/county/township jobs performed.
· Create weekly union paychecks as required. Create bi-weekly paychecks (Verify hours, rates of pay, child support deductions, insurance deductions, commission pay and 401k employee deferrals and employer matches in QuickBooks.)
· Print paychecks and give to Rick for review by end of day, Tuesday.
· Submit direct deposit file on Wednesday afternoon. (May vary depending on holidays, etc.)
· Complete Weekly Certified Payroll reports for all government jobs (Scott Air Force Base and others as required).
· Pay Federal/FICA taxes and IL taxes on respective due dates via the internet.
· Create, print, and mail checks for child support and submit 401k online each pay period.
· Complete union reports (Laborers and Finishers) and pay dues by the 15 th .
· Process and submit online first and second month of each quarter state unemployment reports.
· Complete federal and state quarterly tax returns and quarterly state unemployment tax returns. Pay federal and state unemployment taxes online (After each quarter).
· Apply payments to outstanding A/R from EFT from WAWF.
· Make deposits to bank when necessary.
· Assess finance charges on all past due A/R invoices (10 th of the month).
· Review A/R aging weekly and have April call on all accounts over 60 days, after 10 th of the month.
· Complete Sales and Use Tax report and pay sales tax monthly (by the 20 th ).
· Reconcile monthly bank statements for 3 company accounts.
· Pay equipment loans and monitor balances.
· Review Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement accounts weekly and Job Profitability-Contract Only statement for accuracy.
· Oversee 401K programs (including 5500 filing provided by Master Benefit Group).
· Oversee annual general liability and work comp audits if needed. (March 18 policy period end)
· Change out server backup drive on Fridays.
Continuation of Controller Job Description
· Enter and monitor SAFB job invoices in PIEE/WAWF and QuickBooks.
· Lien waivers
· Upkeep on registration and license for trucks and trailers
· Annual PCI Compliance and security policies (credit card deposit processing).
· Annual filings with SAM (Sys for Award Mgmt), Heavy Hwy Use tax/IRS, FMCSA, UCR, IDOT SHVP and IRP (Intl Registration Plan)
· Monitor gas cards for vehicles/drivers thru WEX.
· Monthly sales tax return filings
· Quarterly IFTA tax filings
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Approve journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Reviewing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare various monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform other general accounting functions
- Approve journal entries and general ledger account reconciliation
- Prepare month end journal entries and various balance sheet reconciliations
- Approve month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Supervise the general ledger accounting staff and functions
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounting staff
- Perform various accounting general ledger duties and analysis
- Approve monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to general ledger
- Review and posting of accounting staff journal entries
- Maintain balance sheet account analysis and prepare monthly journal entries
- Applying cash receipts, reconciliations, and general ledger accounting
- Applying cashreceipts, reconciliations, and general ledger accounting
- Prepare monthly general closing entries
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for advanced accounts
- Supervise the accounting staff (accountants)
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles