SALES ENGINEER/CUSTOMER FOCUS ENGINEER (FLEX)
Company: S.S. White Technologies Inc.
Location: 8300 Sheen Drive, St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Job Type: Full-time, Regular
Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday
Experience Level: 2+ Years of Experience
S.S. White Technologies Inc. is an internationally renowned manufacturer of aerospace products, automotive parts, and medical components, with headquarters located in St. Petersburg, FL. We are seeking a Sales Engineer to help increase sales revenues and maintain customer relationships.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing, and product development programs, both short and long-range, targeted toward existing and new markets.
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with mechanical power transmission – universal joints, pulleys, motors, pumps, etc.
- Develop keen understanding of industry applications
- Serve as a liaison between inter-departments (sales, engineering, planning, etc.)
- Create RFQs and quotes, maintain multiple projects simultaneously
- Conduct contract reviews
- Ability to work with engineers for new product development
- Propose suggestions for strategic marketing and sales
- Evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitor competitor products along with their sales and marketing activities
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote the product
- Meet with key customers and assist sales managers with relationship maintenance
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Assist with product research and development
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or the equivalent number of years of experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Ideal candidate will have two degrees, one in engineering and a second in marketing or business administration
- Knowledge of engineering principles – manufacturing, mechanical, or industrial engineering
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Data Analysis Expertise (Access/SQL/similar), highly preferred
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Data Analysis Expertise (Access/SQL/similar)
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A positive and family-oriented culture
- Company pays 100% of medical, dental, and life insurance
- Additional insurance offered: long-term disability insurance, short- term disability insurance, vision insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, and additional voluntary life insurance
- 401 (k) plan with company matching
WHO ARE WE?
Our Company, S.S. White Technologies Inc., is an internationally renowned manufacturer of aerospace, automotive and orthopedic surgical tools. Founded in 1844, we are one of the oldest manufacturing companies in the United States. Our Company’s products are displayed in Smithsonian. S.S. White products are used in 98% of aircraft flying today, numerous surgical instruments, cutting-edge industrial applications, millions of automobiles, on the space station and have even gone to the moon! We are a privately-owned global company with manufacturing facilities in the US, UK, and India. Today, under the leadership of our President/CEO Rahul Shukla, S.S. White is known as the number one technological leader in the world for flexible shaft products.
We have a reputation for being an innovative, honest, and progressive company that deeply cares for its employees. At S.S. White, we believe that our success is a testament to the commitment and excellence of our team. We are a group of hard-working, forthright, ethical, and fun-loving people. We believe in working hard and playing hard. If you are a broad-minded, receptive, flexible, and intelligent person who relies on logic to make decisions, reads and stays up-to-date on current affairs, you will most likely complement our team.
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Apart from the superb professional qualifications and the outstanding achievements, we are looking for fun-loving people with interesting hobbies. If you think you fit this profile, please write us an email. Tell us why we should hire you. Tell us something interesting about you that is relatively unique, something that shows us you are fun and interesting and an original thinker.
S.S. White is an EEOC compliant employer.