A management company is seeking Building Maintenance Technicians who will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the apartment building and all areas related to the daily maintenance operations. You will be part of a team which provides service to a total of 6 buildings on Cleveland’s Eastside. You will work mostly first shift; however, there may be times when second shift is needed.
· Electrical; diagnose, repair, or replace electrical wiring, safety devices, fixtures, door strikes, entry system power supplies, HVAC controls, etc.
· Plumbing; diagnose, repair, or replace domestic water supply, sanitary and storm drain lines, fittings, valves, fixtures, hot water heaters, and test for gas leaks
· Carpentry and Hardware; Install and make repairs to wood components on kitchen cabinets, vanities, countertops, locksets, deadbolts, hinges, door closers, garage doors, windows, sliding patio doors, screen repair, mini/vertical blinds, ceramic tile, wood, and vinyl floors
· Boiler; diagnose and repair hot water/chilled water distribution system, one-pipe or two-pipe heating system
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED
· Must have a minimum 2 years residential property maintenance experience
· Must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude with interest in learning, solving problems, and the ability to work through challenges
· Must be able to follow written and verbal directions and maintain written records
· Must have basic hand tools and proper clothing for inclement weather conditions
· Must be able maintain professional conduct at all times
· Must have the ability to follow all company policies and dress codes
· Must be able to work effectively with co-workers to achieve goals
· Must be comfortable working in extreme heat, and cold, possess physical conditioning, dexterity, and sight to complete required tasks
· Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.