To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Canton, MI
- Matt LePage
- Phone: 248-443-4222
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail In-Store Financial Services Rep / Personal Banker
Michigan First Credit Union • Canton, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Can you start a conversation with anyone? Do you enjoy helping people find the right solution with a smile? If so, we’ve got the perfect position for you at one of our retail in-store locations.
As a Retail In-Store Financial Service Representative at Michigan First Credit Union, you’ll be challenged to deliver five-star service while building relationships with our members. We’re a family here, so outstanding teamwork is a must. Our number one goal is to provide our members and potential new members with personalized solutions to their financial situations so they can walk out feeling happy, satisfied, and worry-free.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver stellar service to credit union members and potential new members. No slackers here!
- Serve as a face for our brand. Happy, confident, positive – that’s who we are.
- Provide solutions. We want the critical thinkers, the expert interviewers, the stellar listeners. You’ll need to be able to provide unique and personalized financial solutions for our members and potential new members. This means helping them with their loan decisions, showing them how to save money, and figuring what accounts work best for them.
- Introduce potential new members to all the amazing perks of being a Michigan First Credit Union member.
- Follow through. If you can deliver on promises and make sure all details are covered, you’ll LOVE it here at Michigan First!
What We’re Looking For:
- Outgoing, personable candidates. You must truly love talking to people to work here.
- Professional experience, preferably 3+ years. Have you worked in financial sales or retail? Even better!
- Customer service, preferably 3+ years. We’re a people’s credit union, and our members deserve the best possible experience.
- You’ll have to be able to learn our products and services thoroughly and quickly. That’s what we’re here for, after all! You’ll need a high school diploma/GED, preferably an Associate’s in business or a related field.
- A flexible schedule. Our in-store locations are open later and on Saturdays to better serve our members.
- We need team players! You must be able to assist at any of our in-store locations to meet business needs.
Who We Are:
Michigan First Credit Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators and now delivers world-class service to more than 150,000+ members at our branches throughout Michigan, and we’re growing! We offer financial solutions for every life stage and seek to positively transform our members’ lives through personalized service that meets their unique needs.
Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union’s sole mission is to provide the highest quality member experience. Working here, you’ll get to participate in a strong culture centered around service, professionalism, and growth. The perks are pretty cool, too – we’re consistently named as a 101 Best & Brightest Place to Work (nationally!) as well as several other local workplace awards, mainly because of our competitive pay, excellent benefits package, and supportive policies.
Michigan First highlights:
- 400+ team members
- 30 locations by 2019 spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids and Metro Detroit.
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Current assets of more than $920 million
Michigan First Credit Union has been the proud recipient of:
- 2018 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2018 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2018 Best & Brightest in West Michigan
- 2018 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2018 Crain’s Coolest Places to Work in Michigan #10 spot out of 100
- 2018 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2018 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - 1st Place
- 2018 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran Friendly Employer - Bronze Level
Perks of joining our award-winning team include:
A low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options. Employer-paid life and disability insurance
401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Master’s programs
Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with nearly any item on your to-do list
Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Evergreen headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help employees stay healthy
Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and mortgages
Opportunities for increases, incentives and profit-sharing, based on performance
- Onsite bowling alley
Michigan First Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.