We make a difference – in your career and your community.
Recovery Specialist - Program for Assertive Community Treatment
Riverside Community Care is seeking a Recovery Specialist to join our community-based PACT program in the Norwood/Needham/Dedham area.
PACT provides individuals referred by the Department of Mental Health or MBHP with access to community based rehabilitation, clinical treatment, employment, housing, wellness and peer services, with ancillary supports that will be coordinated in partnership with the individual. Services are designed to be flexible based on the needs of the persons served, and to promote resiliency and recovery for all participants. PACT is a 24/7 program and services are provided 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
This is an exciting opportunity to guide the recovery focused culture within this team.
The Recovery Specialist will work as a member of the PACT team to inspire hope that recovery is possible through individual and group conversations, guiding individuals through their own recovery process, and assisting individuals with learning about and accessing recovery resources and communities. The Recovery Specialist will provide education to individuals and team members, advocacy, and direct service, using their own recovery experience as a positive model.
Riverside is a large, award winning nonprofit community behavioral health provider, with over 100 individual programs in 70 Massachusetts locations with a great environment and benefit's package.
Competitive salary and benefits!
- Must have valid driver's license and available, dependable transportation and be willing to provide transportation to persons served in personal vehicle, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a wide range of individuals required
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have a lived history in the context of mental illness and be willing to identify as a person in recovery
- Associate's degree preferred; high school diploma and at least 6 months of relevant experience required
- Certification as a Peer Specialist (CPS) preferred, additional certification as a recovery coach highly desirable. A qualified candidate would have up to 6 months to obtain certification.
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.