To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
- Susan Woods
- Phone: 502-581-9861
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Talis Group • Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Talis Group’s client is a premier law firm with multiple locations in several states. This award winning firm is based in Louisville, KY and is growing their litigation team. Their primary practice in this division includes insurance defense, products liability, contract litigation, general tort and bad faith litigation. Firm has a long history in Louisville, large corporate clients and good reputation. This opportunity comes with excellent salary, full benefits and bonus opportunity.
- Advise clients concerning their claims or defense of claims, legal rights and obligations.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for clients
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Prepare and draft legal documents including briefs and opinions
- Negotiate settlements and mediation
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Prior experience in litigation in state and federal courts
- Licensed to practice in Kentucky in good standing
- Effective communication, research, negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Experience with administrative hearings, court hearings and arbitrations
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered based upon their skills, performance and potential without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected class.