Civilian contracted opportunities for Medical Laboratory Technicians to provide full-time services at Martin Army Community Hospital located at Fort Benning in Columbus, GA.
This is a 2 year assignment. We offer excellent pay, health benefits, paid time off and relocation assistance.
Qualification requirements are:
· Degree/Education: MLT-Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
· Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (5.2.3): None
· Experience: MLT-One year of experience
· Board Certification (22.214.171.124.4): MLT- Medical Laboratory Technician Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT
· Licensure/Registration: MLT- Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT
Please submit your resume to Rochelle Hicks to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Medical Laboratory Technician Opportunities in Columbus, GA.
• Perform a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in the areas of chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology, bacteriology, and immunohematology according to established protocols specifically COVID-19 testing.• Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.• Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.• Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections. Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.• Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.