Position Summary: The objective of the Scheduling Coordinator is to provide leadership and support in the areas of forecasting, staffing, scheduling, recruiting, and statistical analysis processes. The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for overall planning and scheduling of multiple communication centers on a day-to-day basis. This individual is responsible for scheduling call center employees in order to meet service level requirements in providing captions for individuals who utilize the CapTel phone system. The Scheduling Coordinator is also responsible for leading, coordinating, supervising, training, and evaluating a team of Schedulers operating at multiple call center locations. He or she performs a variety of tasks concerned with workforce management to achieve optimum coverage to meet efficiency and service level goals, and serves as the primary point of contact for senior management with respect to staffing and forecasting issues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop and monitor the application of staffing, scheduling, and forecasting systems including policy, procedure, operating structure, and information flow.
- Provide Management information and productivity forecasts by observing customer call patterns.
- Manage team of Schedulers at multiple call center locations including, but not limited to, coordination, tracking, training, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure that Scheduling staff has all necessary information to appropriately schedule/distribute work for all call centers.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze key performance indications.
- Provide input to strategic plans for Management related to staffing levels and development, call volume, and employee productivity.
- Maintain responsibility for Workforce Management software administration and employee scheduling communications.
- Generate and evaluate staffing forecasts and monthly reviews.
- Conduct statistics validity, may be asked to present information to management.
- Define goals for staffing based on call volume, and desired occupancy to provide target points for recruiting.
- Act as liaison between Operations, IT, and Workforce Management technical support.
- Handle more complex or escalated scheduling questions or concerns as they arise.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and create effective business processes and procedures within Workforce Management.
- Provide recommendations in Call Center scheduling policy and procedures as needed (adding or changing).
- Attend job appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain effective channels of communication with call center supervisors and all other support groups; build and enhance effective working relationships with these departments.
- Conduct effective presentations for employees on use of scheduling applications as necessary, and train others to do the same.
- Create and maintain daily reports providing data relating to call volume, staffing levels, call handling times, service levels, payroll hours, shrinkage levels, occupancy levels, client productivity, turnover, etc.
- Sign and abide by the Caption Center’s Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
- 3-4 years of Call Center scheduling experience required – experience in using Verint Impact 360 or Blue Pumpkin workforce management software preferred.
- Three years of management or supervisory experienced required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Must be familiar with working in a 24/7 Call Center environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for strong problem solving, supervision and leadership of employees, ability to direct the work of others, and be an effective change manager.
- Excellent computer skills with a concentration in spreadsheet programs and good knowledge of reporting programs and database structure.
- Independent planning and skill in maintaining quality service levels along with desired call center efficiencies.
- Familiarity with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work with varying individuals objectively and make judgment calls and decisions quickly.
- Multi-task and balance job responsibilities and requirements from management and employees.
- Good people skills – ability to listen and communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Well organized and detail oriented while handling multiple projects.
Non-marginal Job Functions:
- Additional duties as assigned by primary manager.
- Scheduling Coordinator is directly accountable to the Call Center Director.
- Reporting to this position: Call Center Scheduler (10-15 individuals).
- Hours are M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (flexibility of evenings & weekends required from time to time). Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate religious beliefs and practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Casual work environment.
- Typing and data entry required.
- Schedule flexibility required to provide opportunities for individuals from all shifts to meet face to face.
- Flexibility in travel is required to provide support to direct reports in multiple locations.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information, gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military, etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulations.
Attention To Detail