Responsible for ensuring quality care to patients by developing, implementing and directing mental health treatment programs.
- Direct and oversee program operations, including budget management, developing marketing plans and independent decision making for program requiring clinical expertise.
- Provide clinical consultation, oversight of case planning, care coordination and supervision to the staff.
- Responsible for a limited caseload as needed.
- Develop, plan and implement program goals, objectives, personnel, resources and equipment.
- Ensure that services are focused on the patients presenting problem and request for service.
- Monitor meetings, as well as admission, continued stay and discharge criteria.
- Provide clinical direction and leadership.
- Direct crisis intervention efforts and intervene as required.
- Provide health education to patients, staff and practitioners within area of specialty. Develops, implement and promote specified health education to the general campus community as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring staff.
- Review caseloads regularly to ensure appropriate utilization of services.
- Provide onsite coverage for other programs when needed, develop and execute marketing plan for program as needed, and may provide training, case consultation and on call coverage during and after program hours as needed.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures for the facility.
- Ensure that procedures and workflow are consistent with organizational objectives, treatment protocols, regulations and standards of care.
- Ensure that operations conform to established environmental, safety and infection control requirements.
Master's degree in Behavioral or Mental Health or closely related field. Four or more years’ experience working with the population of the facility and two or more years of previous supervisory experience.
Licensed counselor/therapist, as required by the state and for the area of clinical expertise. Valid driver's license, if required by the facility. First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).