How to Apply
We invite interested applicants to visit our website, URL blocked - click to apply. When applying to open positions, create a profile, and tailor your resume to the specific position(s) you are interested in.
Job Title: Shuttle Bus Driver (17574BR)
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
The Asset Management Department has an opening for a Shuttle Bus Driver. Under minimal supervision will drive a variety of vehicles including commercial motor vehicle (shuttle bus) and light passenger vehicles in support of the Fleet Management’s taxi section transportation requests. The candidate will interact with a variety of high-level managers and visitors. The successful candidate will report to the First-Line Supervisor of the Taxi Section.
This position may require the Shuttle Bus Driver have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Shuttle commuters on a daily route.
- Operate a two-way radio to communicate with the Dispatcher.
- Inspect assigned vehicle routinely, noting any mechanical deficiencies.
- Wash exterior and clean interior of assigned vehicles. Daily vehicle fueling.
- Serve as a relief dispatcher, including dispatching shuttle buses to passenger pickup points through the use of a two-way radio.
- Pick up passengers at points referred by the Dispatcher.
- Operate paratransit wheelchair lift. Secure passenger’s wheel chair to restraining devices to stabilize wheel chair during trip.
- Shuttle vehicles to different locations.
- Operate according to LLNL safety policies and procedures.
- Provide occasional transportation for senior laboratory management, VIPs, and distinguished visitors; and transportation support required by LLNL organizations.
- Record the number of passengers transported and mileage accumulated.
- May perform other duties while not driving.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Current CA Drivers Class B License (P-Endorsement)
- Knowledge of Bay Area streets, highways, and airport locations.
- Knowledge of use of two-way radio or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of traffic directions via internet.
- Driver is required to pass various onsite training modules and comply with ongoing institutional training requirements.
- Excellent driving record.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with customers.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at one time.
- Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical evaluation may be required.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Anticipated Clearance Level: L (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services, URL blocked - click to apply or 925-960-0353
Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance applying to the position via the online application.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Pickup (Music Technology)