TRS is seeking several Extrusion Technicians for Direct-Hire opportunities in Georgia!
* This is a 12 hour DAY shift position, 8am - 8pm *
• Set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude or draw thermoplastic materials into sheets, or structural shapes.
• Measure and examine extruded products in order to locate defects, and to check for conformance to specifications; adjust controls as necessary to alter products.
• Change extruding machine setup according to production line changes following specifications on the QC sheets and other relevant documents.
• Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
• Set the machines and manage materials to keep product running to specification (colorant, regrind, pelletized, virgin, additives, masking, NSF Labels, pallets etc.)
• Ensure extruded sheet is properly package to ensure quality and safe shipment
• Responsible for quality and accuracy of the line and scrap
• Trouble shoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
• Provide continuous improvement ideas to help improve quality, productivity and reduce cost.
• Perform operator and preventive maintenance task as required to maintain equipment
• Monitor line for problems or defects in material
• Train and provide guidance to extrusion technician trainees, plastic operators and others as required
• Maintain and ensure accurate paperwork
• Clean the line and work area
• Work safely and follow all safety instructions and look out for the safety of others.
• Any other related duties, as required by management.
• Associates Degree or Certification preferred, HS Diploma Required
• At least two years of related plastics extrusion experience
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• High degree of standing, walking, stooping or knelling, close eye work, reaching, pulling or pushing.
• Good hand dexterity, hearing, and vision are considered essential
• Moderate to high degree of repetitive motions using right, left, or both hands and/or feet.
• Wearing personal protective equipment
• Ability to work indoors in environmentally non-controlled conditions
TRS is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate all interest in this position, however only those candidates with resumes most closely matched to the job description will be contacted to discuss a potential interview.