To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Defense Contractor Cost Accountant
4M HR Logistics LLC • San Antonio, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Our company is a leading provider of high-performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets.
The Government Cost Accountant is a key advisor to the Business and Executive Leadership Team, providing guidance as the subject matter expert on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and by providing interpretations and implementations that maintain a compliant and cooperative Government Relations and Compliance environment at M7 Aerospace.
- Run Oracle processes to interface labor and material costs into the Oracle Project Module.
- Perform monthly, PCL to GL reconciliation and perform any necessary adjustments.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, streamlining, and automating to reduce the level of effort in daily work routines and to improve efficiencies in management reviews.
- Assist in the Oracle re-burdening (overhead absorption) process.
- Maintain the integrity of labor reporting and correction of gap time (incomplete labor hours reporting)
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Expert Level in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills to manage competing demands and achieve on time reporting
- Very strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Work cross functionally with business unit finance teams
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience in a Job Cost/Projects accounting environment preferred
- DoD experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of a demonstrated diverse financial background, including experience in finance/accounting with federal government contract.
- Experience with FAR/DFARS and CAS.
- Must be motivated, flexible and able to work with minimal oversight.
- Exposure to Program Management and automated project control systems.
- Ability to work with and knowledge of general defense contracting principles.