CFO – Small but fun fast growing company!
Outstanding opportunity for a CFO to join a small but fun and fast-growing company based in Denver. As the business has grown, the company has a need for a passionate financial leader to help take them to the next level. The position will work directly with the Company’s executive management team.
Although we are seeking a strategic leader, we are also seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to wear a lot of hats. Selected candidate will manage a small, but talented accounting staff.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, possess the highest level of integrity, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be focused on adding value to the company. Preferably, the selected candidate will have a combination of public accounting and industry experience in real estate and/or private equity industry.
Position Summary of the CFO
The CFO will serve as the company’s chief finance, accounting, and administrative officer and will be responsible for accounting, systems, banking, insurance, financial planning, forecasting, reporting, tax, and administration.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
• Review and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, fund accounting and cash flow projections
• Manage a small accounting staff and the activities related to monthly close, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and bank reconciliations
• Help direct financial strategy, planning and forecasts; while conferring with executive management and department heads
• Partner with HR to communicate various HR policies and procedures
• Provide support on various acquisitions and divestitures, due diligence and financial modeling of prospective business opportunities
• Proactive analysis of the monthly financial statements, analysis of key financial performance indicators and trends, and forecasting and comparison of actual results to budget
• Perform and accurately record and report foreign currency transactions
• Establish, implement, and update financial controls
• Actively involved in the selection and implementation of any new accounting systems
• Management and coordination with outside accounting firm for annual audit and tax work
• Review other federal, state, and/or third-party reports to ensure compliance with governmental requirements
Education and Experience for the CFO
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Certified Public Accountant or MBA preferred
• Some public accounting experience preferred
• Private equity and/or real estate experience a plus
• Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in accounting and finance progressing to the Controller or Chief Financial Officer level
• Sage Intacct experience a plus
• Highest level of integrity
• Demonstrated capacity for effective decision-making and business analysis
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Detail oriented but yet a strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategies into operational objectives
• Outgoing, friendly, and professional with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Outstanding leadership characteristics including motivation, confidence, intelligence, and teamwork