Our client, a leading manufacturer of medical devices, is looking for a Fixed Asset Accountant to join their Tempe, AZ team. This is a critical role responsible for tracking and recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition or transfer of fixed assets.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package (starting day 1) that includes: medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match (401k after 90 days)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Greater stability – Our client recently doubled in size and is investing heavily in their facilities
- Capital in Process analysis – maintain the monthly CIP files for all locations supported by shared services; works with the plant finance staff to ensure spending is charged to the correct project and occurs within the approved amounts as well as identifying when an asset is placed in service.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules; insure proper recording of new purchases, transfers and disposals. Calculate and record the depreciation expense and reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare reports for property tax filings.
- Prepare other reporting as requested.
About the company: With over 35 years of medical device molding experience, they have become a comprehensive solutions provider for single use medical devices. Services range from concept and design of components to assembly of finished products. They are headquartered in Foxborough, MA and operate 17 manufacturing facilities in the US, with additional locations in China, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, France, Germany and the UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Associates Degree in an accounting or business related OR equivalent work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Experience using Sage FAS and Oracle preferred
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Accounting Practices