To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Federalsburg, MD 21632
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic - All Shifts (Multiple Openings)
Dart Container Corporation • Federalsburg, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for the diagnosis, maintenance, modification, repair and/or rebuild to a variety of complex plant machinery and equipment. Reports non-conformances concerning product safety, quality and legality. Adjusts where applicable to remedy.
- Comply with good manufacturing practices (GMP) as required.
- Comply with Dart Container's policies and procedures.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program for presses and related equipment.
- Repair equipment during mechanical breakdowns or assists other staff in repairs. Assist production personnel in change-over and set-ups.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas or to install new or repaired parts.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problems. Replace and repair machine belts. Remove dust, dirt, grease and waste material from machines. Fabricate parts of fixtures for department as skill level and time permits. Replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment when necessary. Repair defectives parts in machinery.
- Tests machines following repairs.
- Assist maintenance supervisor with the repair and maintenance of all machinery and equipment, physical building structure and plumbing and electrical systems. Assist with complex replacement parts involving a wide variety of metal-working machining operations with close tolerances.
- Connects wires to motors, fixtures and other electrical equipment, replace switches and fuses and splices wire and insulates wire with friction tape. Bends and cuts conduit and wire and drills holes in walls, floors and ceiling for electrical connections.
- Use computer for MP-2 system to maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Communicate problems to supervisor and works as a team member to resolve the problem.
- Attend safety classes/seminars as periodically scheduled.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Demonstrate minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Mechanical or electrical certification as required.
- Minimum one (1) year mechanical maintenance experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments, use appropriate hand tools, power tools, hoists, crane and read and comprehend blueprints.
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.