To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Opelika, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Now Hiring Experienced Retail General Manager
Party City Corporation • Opelika, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Summary: This critical role leads all aspects of the store’s operation to grow sales and drive profitability. This position leads the team, in each of their respective areas of responsibility to achieve and exceed company standards. The General Manager is responsible to develop the leadership and associate teams to maximize performance and potential and recognize efforts to inspire achievement. The General Manager ensures the stores compliance and adherence to company standards.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Drives overall profitability for store focusing on total store sales and expense control
- Oversees the coordination and execution of store merchandise and presentation standards
- Manages all facets of the store’s operation, including;
- Recruiting, Hiring and scheduling
- Manage store payroll to allowable hours
- Guide training and development to enhance performance and develop succession plans
- Coordinate communication amongst team to share company strategy and direction
- Lead recognition efforts to promote performance and retention
- Partners with District Manager and Human Resources for employee coaching / counseling , performance documentation and associate relations matters
- Reviews all corporate communications and prioritizes/plans accordingly
- Responsible and accountable for P&L results including controllable expenses
- Approves weekly associate work schedule and ensures weekly, monthly and annual payroll budgets are managed to plan
- Ensures clean and safe environment for associates and customers to include sales floor and back room, manager’s office and restrooms
- Ensuring compliance with corporate Loss Prevention and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Directs the store’s leadership team and performs general operations responsibilities, including;
- Store opening and closing procedures; performs director on duty (DOD) responsibilities as required
- Scheduling of store staff to maximize productivity
- Ensure accuracy of Associate time records
- Recruiting and interviewing perspective store Associates
- Lead new hire onboarding and ongoing associate training and development activities
- Guide Associate performance including performance feedback, coaching and appraisals
- Support the operation of the store’s front end including authorizes register functions (post voids, returns and associate discounts POS overrides/returns,) queue management and balloon execution
- Coordinate completion of company directed operations tasks (app task sign off)
- General supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room etc.
- Role models customer service expectations through personal contact with customers
- Reviews and understands financial data to support driving profitable sales and decision making
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods and ensures store compliance to audit/safety standards
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, based on store needs.
Reporting Relationship: The General Manager reports to the District Manager. The store’s Operations Manager/Specialist, Merchandise Manager/Specialist are direct reports to this position.
- Lift, push and pull 25 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing for long periods throughout schedule day
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of management in retail experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of General Manager experience preferred