To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Worker
WES Health System • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WES Health System, a well-established community-based agency, serving a culturally diverse population in Philadelphia has full-time Mental Health Worker openings in our Family Based Program.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Mental Health Worker, meeting the requirements of a Case Manager, will provide intensive care in the home, school, and community to children/adolescents and their families. They will assure collaboration of all outside services as well as securing new services that are needed. Mental Health Workers engage youth and families in effective strategies with the goal of restoring, building, strengthening, developing, and maintaining their capacity to successfully function in their homes and community.
ESSENTIAL & CORE FUNCTIONS:
Assist the therapist in the provision of individual/family and/or group therapy sessions on a weekly basis in the home, school, or community setting using approved treatment modalities and interventions
Empower clients and families with identifying and building upon their strengths
Maintain regular collaboration with all systems involved with client and family
Provides emotional support, time structured activities, and positive behavioral reinforcement.
Assist with decreasing the likelihood of admission/re-admission to residential, mental/behavioral treatment programs of inpatient psychiatric settings.
Evaluate client and family needs, interests, and response to treatment
Helps family access community resources and supports by connecting them to natural environment resources in the home and in the community
Follows up on all consumers needing hospitalization.
Intervenes as needed when problem behaviors are exhibited, which includes but are not limited to counseling, removing them from the area, verbal prompts, securing the assistance of clinical staff, etc.
Executes discharge plan by making all referral to community resources.
Schedules and co-facilitates all interagency and discharge meetings
Obtains and updates all consents
Make any necessary recommendations and referrals to other programs within and outside of Warren E. Smith
Complete and submit all progress notes and required documentation in a timely, comprehensive, and legible manner
Be flexible in scheduling appointments to meet client and family needs
Contribute to any quality improvement/ outcome measurement tracking and data gathering as assigned
Meet productivity standards for your position
PREREQUISITES & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines, which includes Human Services, Family Therapy Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Sociology, preferred.
2. Knowledge of CASSP, community resources and managed care systems preferred.
3. Valid FBI clearance, criminal history check and child abuse history clearance required.
4. Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed with three (3) months of hire and then annually from the date of the initial training).
5. Valid driver's license in good standing.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
1. Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
2. Solid oral and written communication skills including business writing, proper grammar and spelling.
3. Good organization skills including the ability to prioritize work and manage conflicting deadlines.
4. The ability to work well with others.
5. The ability to handle conflicts with diplomacy and tact.
6. The ability to listen and evaluate objectively.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
WES Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer