S&H Systems is a single-source, full-service systems integration company delivering dependable material handling systems, software, and post-sale support since 2002. We are looking for a Sr. Controls Engineer with a passion for developing material handling solutions on behalf of our customers to enable them to achieve their business goals. We are looking for a candidate with experience in conveyor control systems, goods-to-man technology, automation applications, robotics deployments, and holistic material handling process flow. In this role, you will collaborate with a highly skilled and interdisciplinary team of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, operational and execution teams, and customer development teams. Your ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, retain a sense of urgency, and meet strict timelines will set you apart. You will be empowered to explore new solutions and technology to harness the power of creativity and technology and translate them into state-of-the-art applications and solutions for customers. You will be part of a team of Controls Engineers and report regularly on project status. You will receive full support from the management and leadership teams to grow your technical skills.
Sr. Controls Engineer Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, safety and performance standards, and specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with other disciplines within the company to review projects and offer solutions.
- Attend weekly team meetings; review scheduled tasks/timelines.
- Review customer SOWs, RFPs, RFQs, and project specifications as requested.
- Attend pricing, concept, and customer review meetings.
- Fully understand the scope, budget, and schedule for a project.
- Document and communicate overall system-level concerns or questions.
- Generate requirements for panel designs and manufacturing.
- Develop complete and concise system description of operation, test plans, and user guides.
- Modify, add, maintain, and validate project specifications while in scope.
- Define and purchase electrical devices: sensors, VFDs, and PLC components.
- Maintain and track issues list and provide reporting to Manager.
- Contribute to test plans for Commissioning and Acceptance efforts.
- Complete all test plans on-site, including both internal and customer acceptance plans.
- Provide site/field reports daily, including progress reports, punch lists, and customer-created issue lists.
- Ensure all turnover PLC Controls Engineering documentation is complete and stored in the proper location.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Travel up to 40% domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in the Controls Engineering field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of material handling/automation controls design and integration.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and commissioning factory automated equipment.
- Expertise with Allen Bradley Logix PLC control platforms.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical software or other CAD programs (Inventor, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
- Design and implementation experience in industrial electrical design, PLC programming, HMI software design, industrial networking, MCC hardware/software configuration, and closed-loop servo controls.
- Experience with motion control and robotics.
- Experience developing and deploying multi-axis robots into a high-volume fulfillment environment.
- Experience with IEC 61131-3 (object-oriented extension) and related programming languages, IEC standards, and ISO/IEC standards.
S&H Systems is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. S&H Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
No third party recruiters
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Auto Cad
- Iec 61131 Standard
- Plc Controls