Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record within Company require standards.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to dig in all types of soil to bury cable.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position.
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e., poles and roofs).
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set converters.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.