Homes for Independent Living (HIL) is a well-established human service company that provides community based support to adults with disabilities within a diverse array of service options. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill our BEHAVIORAL SERVICES SPECIALIST who is experienced in the field of community based residential supports for disabled adults who present complex behaviors. This position will primarily support our operations in the following counties: Brown, Door, Oconto, and Marathon. The position may be asked to travel to other counties throughout the state as needed.
The Behavioral Services Specialist plays a key role in our continued excellence in the provision of residential services to people with complex behaviors throughout the division. Strong teams of qualified, skilled staff are an essential component to our existing operations and expansion efforts. Primary duties of the Behavioral Services Specialist include:
Provide urgent response when a behavioral event is likely to occur or after an event has occurred
- Evaluate the execution and effectiveness of the behavioral support and crisis plans
- Coach direct support staff on successful implementation of each individual’s behavioral support plan
- Influence training and development opportunities for behavioral support staff
Participate in client and staff transitions to more independent settings
The Behavioral Services Specialist works collaboratively with other company departments that support our operations. The Behavioral Services Specialist reports to the Behavioral Services Coordinator, who reports to the Behavioral Services Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field highly preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and expectations based on business needs through flexibility, autonomy, responsiveness, and overall must possess a high level of initiative. Extensive travel between locations is required, therefore the selected individual must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, three (3) or more years of acceptable driving record, and insurance on their vehicle.
- Great paid time off benefit, employees can earn up to 4 weeks in the first year
- Affordable insurance package: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401K Retirement plan
- Flexible spending account or Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee stock ownership plan!
Homes for Independent Living is proud to be 100% employee owned and a leader in providing high quality care and support to adults with disabilities. We have more than 1,000 employees across Wisconsin committed to making a difference that lasts a lifetime for those we serve in 14 counties and in over 100 residential programs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Email blocked - click to apply to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field highly preferred.
- Demonstrate their ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and expectations based on business needs through flexibility, autonomy, responsiveness, and overall must possess a high level of initiative.
- Extensive travel between locations is required, therefore the selected individual must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, three (3) or more years of acceptable driving record, and insurance on their vehicle.
Community Mental Health Services