To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
601 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32204
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Black Knight, Inc. • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Direct/Manage/Supervise one or more accounting teams. Ensure organizational adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements. Ensure timely preparation and review of all required regulatory filings. Advise in annual budgeting and prepare accounting reports for executive leadership. Review work submitted by accountants and manage accounting close processes. Perform analysis on organizational or business unit financial and accounting metrics for presentation to leadership.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the development, analysis, and application of standards of an accounting unit.
- May participate in the most complex accounting projects.
- General responsibility for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting department.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Responsible for the supervision of accounting professionals
- Oversees calculating, posting, verifying, and typing duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
- Leads most day to day operations of group
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Power Point software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Staffing
- Knowledge in Forecasting
- Skill in Financial Planning and Strategy
- Skill in Strategic Planning
- Skill in Financial Diagnosis
- Quality Management
- Dealing with Complexity
- Ability to lead under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
- Managing Processes
Intermediate managerial role. Manages the coordination of the activities of a section within the department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies and handles all employee-related issues (i.e. annual and interim reviews, goal setting and merit increases and if necessary employee actions). Escalates and works with Human Resources on employee-related performance issues to determine corrective action plans. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Typically requires five (5) or more years of financial management experience.