Senior Design Manager
Client / Program:
Los Angeles Unified School District
Facilities Program – Maintenance and Operations – A&E Services
Downtown Los Angeles
DACM Project Management, Inc.
DACM Project Management, Inc. is a full service program, project, and construction management firm established in 1987. We have participated in domestic and international construction projects totaling more than $5 billion. As a member of the DACM team, you can make a lasting impact on your community and beyond. We invite you to join us for an opportunity with a company that respects the value of every member. Our goal is to forge lasting alliances and we're proud to say that many of our employees have been part of the DACM team for over ten years.
A successful candidate for this position will be assigned to the DACM contract with the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Facilities Maintenance & Operations Program.
For more information please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Architectural Design Manager (Senior Level)
Salary Range: $160,000 to $175,000 per annum
1. Manage multiple projects with particular emphasis on seismic, critical repair and retrofit Projects.
2. Manage and supervise a team of design professionals and other professionals through the design review process.
3 Manage, develop, and coordinate the District’s design process for the A&E services to ensure that design plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
4. Manage multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction
with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these
5. Oversee the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements.
6. Establish and follow a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
7. Provide Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for each project.
8. Establish and follow an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project.
9. Provide maximum value for dollars budgeted, and ensure that designs are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment.
10. Review design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
11. Monitor project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations and updates.
14 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering.
A Masters degree in Architecture or Engineering is preferred.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- Building Design
- Design Review