Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
● Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
● Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts, various other general ledger accounts, and budget to actual variance analysis.
● Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
● Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client’s accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
● Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year-end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
● Assists in the preparation of the client’s year-end 1099 submissions.
● Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
● Interacts with the client as needed.
● Supervisory responsibilities include:
o Reviews and supervises staff accountant’s monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
o Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
o Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
● Assists with annual budget preparation and support.