Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; some college a plus
- 5+ years of related experience in a commercial property
- CFC certification required
- Appropriate license as may be required by jurisdiction, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or
- HVAC Certificates of Training
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks
- Experience with VAV systems, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent management skills and ability to work with all levels of employees, tenants and vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be dependable and possess good time management skills.
- May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
- The qualified candidate will be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, extremely professional, and customer service oriented
Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, and the ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift and manipulate a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders).
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work; both indoors and outdoors.
Avison Young rewards hard work with a comprehensive compensation program including competitive wages and a robust benefits package, 401(k), paid time off and more! Eligibility for our benefits is on the date of hire.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations via Career Builder, or submit via email, fax or regular mail:
Avison Young - Human Resources
11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 200
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Email: Email blocked - click to apply
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no calls from recruiters.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.