Automation Engineer / Automation Controls Project Engineer
Location(s) Cincinnati, OH or Clearwater FL, area (s)
Compensation: $100,000-110,000 and 10% bonus
Benefits: Outstanding benefits! Rich 401k, Re-lo assistance, and more!
Due to advancement, an Automation Project Engineer is needed who will be responsible for operational excellence - manages a team responsible for the implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, plants and who will ensure continuous improvement process, cost, quality, and production.
- Manages engineering projects and resolves engineering problems.
- Manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups.
- Provides input into strategic decisions that affect the functional responsibility.
- Responsible for new and improvement projects related to product inspection, conveyance, and packaging systems
- Evaluates new equipment, processes and materials for applicability to decrease costs or improve productivity
- Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
- Drive Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Manage start-up, debug, and commission of new manufacturing processes.
- Develop project scopes, specifications, schedule, cost estimates, and capital expenditure requests
- Qualify contractors and equipment suppliers
- Prepare request for quotations, analysis bids, negotiate, and select contractors
- Manage all aspects of the execution of projects including the schedules, budgets, installations, and commissioning to successfully complete the project goals and objectives
- Develop documentation and train plant personnel in related disciplines
- Audit plant systems to improve operational effectiveness
- Familiar with safety practices and procedures and committed to maintaining high safety standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
(Other technical degrees may be considered in conjunction with individual experience and capability).
- Experience level: 10-15 years in related field
- Strong knowledge of PLCs, camera inspection systems, RFIDS, automation technology, packaging, and conveyors and palletizing systems
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Work effectively without close supervision and in a matrix team environment
- Manage schedule and priorities of multiple projects and initiatives
- Travel to 40 to 50% of time
Continuous Improvement Process