Accounting Supervisor - Direct Hire - Norfolk, VA
Norfolk Law Firm has an immediate need for an Accounting Supervisor.
The Accounting Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department and the financial functions of the firm’s satellite offices. The supervisor will also manage departmental functions and staff.
1. Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other closely related field preferred.
2. Minimum of five years’ professional accounting office experience and prior supervisory experience.
3. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
4. Demonstrated advanced accounting and analytical skills.
5. Supervisory-level knowledge of AP/AR, trust accounts, payroll, general ledger, bank reconciliations
6. Effective oral and written communication skills.
7. Proven organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
8. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
9. Capability to multi-task, prioritize competing responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
10. Positive credit standing.
1. Maintains a general ledger of over 2,000 accounts for the firm and its subsidiaries.
2. Directs and oversees many accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, trust accounts, general ledger, and bank reconciliations.
3. Supervises, mentors, and evaluates departmental staff.
4. Serves as administrator for many banking and other related websites.
5. Verifies ACH debits and outgoing wires daily.
6. Prepares biweekly report of charitable giving for the Executive Committee.
7. Monitors cash flow for the firm and its subsidiaries.
8. Prepares monthly financial reports for Members, operational departments, and subsidiaries.
9. Prepares various daily, weekly, and monthly reports and reconciliations on a routine
basis or as requested for the firm and its subsidiaries.
10. Provides assistance with semi-monthly payrolls and special payrolls for the firm and its subsidiaries.
11. Backup to Payroll & Benefits Manager for processing payroll and timekeeping edits.
12. Assists in the preparation of firm income tax returns and various financial budgets.
13. Assists in the preparation of work papers for the annual financial and profit sharing plan audit.
14. Prepares statistical surveys and government census reports.
15. Works with the Controller and Director of Administration on financial projects, as needed
Law Firm offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, and long term and short term disability.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles