PK Management LLC, is a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet the company’s established standards and any applicable laws. This is done for safety, appearance and operational efficiency reasons and must fall within the budgeted fi- nancial goals. The supervisor leads the on-site maintenance staff and participates in the diagnosis of problems and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling,, exterior structural and appliance. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Provide expected and unexpected service to residents while maintaining the company’s
- Supervise Service Technicians including delegating work, reviewing service requests and
- Troubleshoot service requests daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare vacant units, as needed, for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company’s standards/checklist.
- Maintain pool/spa equipment, fitness equipment and laundry facilities, if applicable.
- Review vendor bids and schedule vendors.
- Review contractor bids and schedule contractors.
- Track inventory and order supplies, code bills and manage budget.
- Inspect all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, as part of preventive maintenance and curb appeal.
- Work with Property Manager to oversee capital improvement projects.
- Schedule and track service requests, providing assistance with service request issues; troubleshoot, when necessary.
- Be available for quick responses per Company policy, if on-call duties are required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Maintenance Manager.
Essential Skills and Abilities
Administrative Skills – ability to interpret Company policies and procedures, track inventory and bids, answer phones.
Analytical Skills – ability to read blue prints, ability to troubleshoot service request problems and consider alternative methods/ materials if the necessary are unavailable.
Communication/Language Skills – ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize projects, service requests and other tasks, ability to maintain records and schedule tasks for Service Technicians, ability to handle unforeseen circumstances.
Computer Skills – Outlook, One-Site (if assigned to payables).
Creative Skills – ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the property.
Leadership Skills – ability to provide direction and assistance to the maintenance staff as a role model.
Manual Skills – Changing locks, cleaning, snow removal, grounds-keeping, as needed.
Maintenance Skills – plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall, pool.
Mathematical Skills – ability to manage budget, ability to calculate pricing and discounts, ability to calculate square footage and read proper measurements.
Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, decision-making, initiative, patience, professionalism, teamwork.
Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assignment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. Service Supervisors may be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 100 pounds or greater. It is essential to be safety-conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
Education Requirement: High School Diploma/GED equivalent
Work Experience: minimum 3 - 5 years of prior maintenance supervisor experience required License/Certifications: HVAC certification required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required Minimum tools required: Standard tools such as: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrench, drill, etc.