To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant Ophthalmology
PACE Staffing Network • Seattle, WA
Posted 1 month ago
PACE Staffing Network is currently looking for an experienced Medical Assistant/Ophthalmology Assistant for a growing Ophthalmology practice in South King County. Our Client, regionally recognized for quality of service, is expanding and needs to add to their team immediately!
This is an excellent chance to join a growing practice and showcase your skills. If you are interested, please apply now to speak to one of our recruiters!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Medical Assistant/Ophthalmology Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care.
- Obtains vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed, and all other tests within the scope of the practice. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
- Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- Ensures chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for the physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Stocks exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms. Notify the Office Manager when supplies are low.
- Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
- Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
- Assists patients and communicate with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or the equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution OR upon hire hold a current medical assistant Certification from a Nationally Recognized accredited institution (such as American Association of Medical Assistant(AAMA); American Medical Technologies (AMT); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); National Healthcare Association (NHA)).
MA experience preferred. EKG and/or Spirometry experience preferred. Second language mastery.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.