Benchmark International, a global mergers & acquisitions company, is looking for an experienced and highly driven M&A sales professional. This is a 'front line' sales position with a strong emphasis on assisting clients who are looking to exit or grow their business.
The Director role will involve
- Valuing and assessing the saleability of each potential client's business
- Explaining the services of Benchmark International
- Presenting clients with a variety of exit/growth solutions
As a Director, you will visit potential clients at their place of business. Generation of leads and appointments setting are provided from our Central Deal Origination Team.
Your specific duties as a Director will include:
- Contracting with clients to sell their company
- Negotiating all contract terms and fees
- Providing our Deal Transaction teams with a completed business engagement package for each signed contract, including financial information
- Meeting or exceeding all sales and performance goals
As a Director, you must be highly energetic and passionate individual with a positive and highly motivated 'can do' attitude. You must have the strong desire and ambition to succeed in this hugely rewarding industry. It is also vital for your role as a Director that you possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as presentation abilities.
Specific qualifications for the Director position include:
- Proven professional sales experience in a Business to Business environment
- Commercial understanding and awareness of business from either running your own business, by having experience in the Mergers & Acquisitions industry or by dealing with businesses at an executive level
- Ability to influence a client's buying decisions by presenting the features and benefits of Benchmark International
- Bachelor's degree required
About the Organization
Benchmark International is one of the world's leading specialists in brokering the sale of mid-market companies. With offices throughout the world, we are in touch with all the major acquirers seeking both on and off market opportunities across all industries. Our unique and dynamic international offering presents our clients with unparalleled global coverage, allowing them access through our exclusive databases and business intelligence facilities to both international markets and local representation. Successful sales have increased year-to-year to over 100 closings company-wide in each of the last few years, with the US accounting for about 40% of those closings.
Our client base consists primarily of owners actively involved in businesses they founded decades earlier. In many cases, multiple family members are involved. Our clients seek either an opportunity to exit their business or the means to ensure its continued growth. They look to our company to find both an acquirer with the right fit and a transaction that provides maximum value and the desired structure. As a result of the dynamics of this market, our bespoke process has been developed specifically to handle not only the business aspects of these transactions but also their personal and emotional components.
Our unique business proposition has resonated well with the US market as it has with markets in other countries. Recognizing that the US M&A markets are the most robust in the world, particularly in this coveted middle-market range, we will continue expanding our US presence in the coming years. Coming onboard now presents you the opportunity to ride this wave of growth. Benchmark International promotes from within, and we look forward to bringing you onboard as the next generation of Benchmark International's leaders.
Mergers And Acquisitions