Express Employment Professionals is hiring an Accounting Clerk for a small business in Chapel Hill, NC. This is a full-time position offering $14.00-$16.00/hour, depending on experience.
As the Accounting Clerk, you would be responsible for handling Accounts Payable (A/P) and assisting the Staff Accountant. We’re looking for an organized and efficient candidate with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Accounts Payable invoice and data entry
- Working with Accounts Receivable to resolve account issues when necessary
- Matching invoices to work orders to ensure job costing
- Handling payments in an organized and timely manner
- Contacting individuals with delinquent accounts
- Performing basic office tasks, such as answer phones, filing, etc.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- QuickBooks experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
This position offers a generous benefit package, including 401(k), medical coverage (with optional dental and vision), gym membership, and paid time off.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we want to hear from you!
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
$14.00 - $16.00 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Express was founded in 1983 and has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express puts people to work, employing more than 500,000 a year, its long-term goal is to put a million people to work annually. Express is committed to the vision of helping as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. Our offices offer a full range of employment solutions, including evaluation hire, temporary staffing, professional search, and human resources, focusing on a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. If you are looking for work, get to know Express, Express knows jobs.
View the full profile