To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager - $65 - $75K plus bonus
Bell & Associates, Inc. • Kansas City, MO
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
$65-75k plus discretionary bonus
Kansas City, MO
Interviewing over the next two weeks
Bell & Associates has been engaged to help our client find their next Accounting Manager. Our client is a family owned, $20M, 800 employee, entrepreneurial company. The new Accounting Manager will have the ability to make an impact and work for an ownership team who listens to their employees. This person will own the day-to-day Accounting for the company.
· Provide overall supervision and leadership to the accounting department by scheduling, assigning and overseeing accounting functions.
· Oversee the accounts receivable process, including the timely and accurate issuance of invoices to customers for both monthly reoccurring invoices as well as invoices for periodic and special service work.
· Responsible for follow up on outstanding accounts receivable for invoices as they approach 45 days past due. Documentation of communication efforts regarding past due invoices and keeping the executive team informed on any items that appear to be presenting collection issues.
· Oversee the cash posting process to ensure that customer accounts are credited properly for payments received via various methods (check, credit card, ACH payment etc.)
· Oversee the monthly bank account reconciliation process for all cash accounts.
· Manage the accounts payable process ensuring that all company payables are processed within the system on a weekly basis and that expense accounts and job numbers are charged properly.
· Oversee the company’s recurring monthly accounts payable items. Ensure that they are paid timely and the corresponding notes payable accounts are carried on the books at the proper amounts. Preparation of amortization schedules for any new notes incurred.
· Record any fixed asset acquisitions or disposals on the books properly.
· Ensure that all federal, state and local tax filings are completed timely.
· Issuance of the annual W-2 statements on a timely basis.
· Maintaining accurate files on company subcontractors to include contracts, insurance documentation, payment terms etc.
· Ensure accurate accounts payable vendor files are accurately maintained.
· Recognizing the need for and calculating and recording any necessary accruals.
· Preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements to executive management
· Preparation of accurate and timely monthly job costing reports to executive management
· Provide leadership to the annual review process that is conducted by the company’s outside accountants. This includes gathering requested information, preparing requested spreadsheets, reconciliations and questionnaires and providing analytical information to the auditors.
· Day-to-day administrative functions of the company 401(k) plan. This includes but is not limited to the notification of newly eligible participants, processing enrollment paperwork, submitting contributions timely, preparing information for the annual audit and tax compliance information for the third-party administrators of the plan.
· Ensuring continuity of the department work-flow in the event of absences. Implementing procedures to develop cross training methods and standardization and documentation of accounting processes.
· Various compliance tasks concerning the company’s adherence to the Affordable Care Act.
· Various other accounting assignments and projects as deemed necessary by the Chief Financial Officer or other members of the Executive Team.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting and Finance
· 3 – 5 years of accounting experience
· Previous management experience
· CPA preferred
· Industry experience in Construction, commercial cleaning, real estate, property management preferred
· Job costing (providing financial Statements) experience preferred
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.