Job Title: Box Room Operator
Reports to: Packaging Manager
2nd Shift: 4:00pm Until Finish - Pay Rate: $12:50
Employee must be able to operate Wexxar and West Rock Box Erector machine equipment safely and efficiently. Employee must be able to read and understand the production schedule, changeovers, pack offs. Employee must be able to effectively communicate with others and work with minimal supervision.
v Must be able to correctly set-up the Wexxar and West Rock Box Erector machines.
v Read and follow schedule, boxes, changeovers and pack offs.
v Must correctly verify labels and correctly label each case.
v Must be able to communicate with other operators, supervision, and other departments.
v Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. repeatedly.
v Must be supplied boxes to the lines and make sure that always have enough boxes so that they can pack all the finished product to prevent the product does not accumulate in the conveyors.
v No lifting restrictions.
v Must be able to neatly and precisely complete required paperwork.
v Must be able to understand and read specs and work instructions in English.
v Excellent communication skills.
v Be able to work with minimal supervision.
v Must be able to successfully pass math assessment.
v Ability to work weekends
v Good attendance
v Organized and attention to detail
- Ensuring cleanliness standards are met through inspection of all areas
- Reach overhead and below the knees
- Ensure all departmental, property policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Meet the requirements of hospitality operations
- Perform floor care duties (e. g., in guest rooms and hallway)
- Updating the status of rooms in the property management system and reporting maintenance-related problems to the supervisor
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces
- Maintain close working relationship with management and employees
- Close housekeeping by completing PM reports, that all in house status are correct and prepare PM house person assignment board
- Assist room attendants and house persons in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of jobs
- Providing superior guest service by treating all guests with courtesy and by responding promptly to hotel guests' questions, complaints, and requests
- Kept clear of trash, soiled linen, cribs, rollaways and other guest service equipment
- Turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy
- Perform work assignments in a neat and organized manner
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor(s) or Manager
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog)
- Coordinate housekeeping coverage and delivery of supplies
- Inspecting, cleaning, and packaging components within a clean room environment
- Verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms and enter into property management system
Packaging And Labeling