Are you passionate about providing a high quality work product and developing positive relationships with employees and clients you work with? If you are a positive team player who is also, energetic, reliable, and can work efficiently under pressure—this role may be the career advancement opportunity you seek.
K·Coe Isom is a Top 100 consulting and accounting firm committed to serving clients, developing employees, and supporting the local community. The firm is looking to add an experienced and detail-oriented bookkeeper to our office in Jackson, MO. If you are a positive team player who is also energetic, reliable, and can work efficiently under pressure, this role may be the career advancement opportunity you seek. Flexible hours may be considered for those with the skills and experience we seek. Our atmosphere is fun, our hourly compensation is competitive, and focused training is available on the job.
What you will be doing:
- Provide monthly bookkeeping for clients, including posting journal entries
- Manage and process payroll, invoices
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax reports, sales tax returns
- Prepare annual form 1099
- Prepare business property statements
- Prepare reports, spreadsheets, and analysis relating to accounting information
- Answer client questions regarding software, books and reports
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience preferred
- Strong in QuickBooks accounting software, MS office products & QuickBooks online
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing responsibilities while coordinating multiple job tasks
- Strong attention to detail and good communication skills
- Able to learn new technical subject matter quickly, prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines, and work as a self-starter
- Maintain strong working relationships in a team atmosphere at all levels within the organization
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Comprehensive understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Food and agriculture industry experience
- Good understand of the mechanisms of depreciation
- Accounting degree or completion of a bookkeeping certificate from an accredited program
- What is in it for you: Exposure to a variety of individuals and industries, influence, fulfillment, on-the-job training, career growth, and a collaborative team approach.
To apply: We are not your average firm. Show us how you are not the average accounting professional! Impress us with your passion and demonstrated ability to serve clients with excellence. Submit your resume and cover letter at www.kcoe.com/careers/. Attach your resume and a cover letter highlighting the ways that your experience fits the position. EOE.