THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY. APPLICANTS CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES.
The Gas Estimator will prepare estimates for natural gas distribution, intrastate transmission, and regulator/meter station construction projects. Estimates include all aspects of a project including materials, engineering, permitting, environmental compliance, construction, labor and equipment.
· Prepare construction estimates based on engineering designs, drawings, site visits, contractual agreements and associated materials. Incorporate solid understanding of the gas utility construction process into complex estimates.
· Assist in developing the project schedules along with supporting the determination of staffing, overtime and equipment.
· Establish likely progress and completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and unforeseen circumstances.
· Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
· Lead project teams in performing Quantitative Risk Assessments and Risk Registers. Perform Monte Carlo Simulations and analysis on Risk Registers.
· Revise and update the estimating system software to support storage and retrieval of estimating information.
· 10+ years gas utility experience with at least 2 years of natural gas project estimating experience
· Proficient MS Office computer skills (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
· Knowledge of planning, design, and construction process. *
· Professional Estimator Certification in AACE International, ICEAA, or ASPE.
· Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
· Experience managing the unit costs library of professional estimating software programs.
· Knowledge of Success Enterprise, Sage Timberline or other estimating software application
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing